Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Winging It at Manassas City Grill

Many years ago I worked at this place when it was called Pargo's. Those wings were phenomenal. But that was another millenium. City Grill ' s version look just as good. But in the Wingin world looks don't really matter.

As I bite into my first drummette I am very pleased with the crunch. The wings are medium size but very meaty. The blue cheese is my first disappointment. It is runny and appears to be mostly buttermilk with a few small crumbs of blue cheese. After getting over my blue cheese blues  I continue to work the wings. I find something missing. After another wing I realize what's missing.... Flavor. These wings have the look but lack that buffalo flavor.

I sprinkle on some salt and pepper but that doesn't quite do it. Justin my waiter comes by frequently to keep my soda filled and make sure I am good to go. I don't mention the flavorless wings instead order a side of sauce. I hope to find more flavor. I pour some sauce over my next wing it helps a little. Desperate for flavor I begin dipping the wing in the buttermilk excuse me the blue cheese then pouring the side of sauce on top. It helps and after some work i am able to finish my wings with some flavor.

I ordered my wings Buffalo hot. They offer mild and for an extra cost you can order BBQ and a few other flavors. I am all for charging enough to cover costs and making a profit but really how much more does 2 oz of bbq sauce cost over buffalo sauce.

Overall I am disappointed with City Grill wings mainly because they lack flavor, water down their blue cheese, and have the audacity to charge extra for bbq sauce. I did enjoy the crunch of the wings and their size and the amount of meat on each wing. The cost of 10.49 is only slightly on the high side of average.

If you do order the wings at City Grille in Mannasas ask for extra sauce on the side so you can mix it up with the blue cheese for some flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment